Our mission is to enhance the quality of life in the region through distinctive and inspirational
performances of classical and a wide variety of other orchestral music. We undertake to support
and foster Canadian performing and creative musical talent and to provide leadership and
resources in the musical education of our communities. We are committed to delivering the
highest standards in all of our programming and correspondingly to developing broad-based
financial support, to ensure the sustainability of the Orchestra as a critical resource.
To aspire to fulfill this mission, we are guided by the following principles:
- Be open and transparent to the community.
- Be customer focused to ensure the long life of orchestral performances.
- Maintain world-class standards.
- Be fiscally strong and responsible.
- Be consensus driven and foster open communication.
- Be goal-oriented
- Make well-informed decisions with integrity.
- Be a learning organization striving to improve.
- Continuously develop strong leaders and musicians.
- Have a visible passion for sharing the love of orchestral music.